|| Amiga Emulator FAQ
Workbench 1.3 Menus
- This is used on a selected icon. Instead of double clicking on
an icon to show contents of a disk or drawer or run a program you
can select an icon with the pointer and Select Open to display or
- Instead of clicking on the Close Gadget at the top left of a
disk or drawer window just select the window (borders blue) and
- This open allows you to copy files and disks. To copy a file
select the icon and then select Duplicate. Another icon will appear
saying Copy_of_file or whatever, you can then move that file elsewhere
or Rename it.
- This option allows you to change the name of a disk, a drawer or
a file. Select the disk, drawer or file icon to rename, select rename,
and then type in the new name in the given requester.
- This option displays details of a given disk, drawer or file.
Workbench has 5 types of workbench icons: Disk, Drawer, Trashcan,
Project and Tool. A Trashcan is a special drawer for use with the
'Empty Trash' feature to delete files. A Project is a data file and
a Tool is a Program. Info will display the type, size, stack size,
default file, comment and protection flags of a file.
- This is a delete function, to delete a file you would normally
drag and drop the file into the Trashcan drawer to empty later.
This option allows you to delete a file straight away. A requester
may appear to confirm deletion.
- Disk menu
- Empty Trash
- This option deletes all the files in a selected Trashcan drawer
of a disk. This feature is useful because you may want to delete a
file but you could change your mind and decide to keep it, all you
have to do is to drag the file out of the Trashcan back to its
original drawer or disk.
- This option formats a disk for use by the Amiga. It splits
the disk into the right number of tracks/sectors and creates an
empty root directory. It can also automatically create a Trashcan
drawer. To use, select the disk to format and select Initialise.
- Special menu
- This option rearrages icons on a drawer or disk into a less
cluttered state. To use, open the window to rearrange and select
Cleanup. To keep the icons in the new positions, select all the
icons and select 'Snapshot'.
- Last Error
- This will display the last message that appeared in the menu
bar at the top of the screen.
- If the screen or window has been corrupted by another program
and not all the icons or windows have been drawn then this option
will do it for you.
- This option allows you to save the position of an icon on a
disk or a drawer. To use, select the icon, drag the icon to its
new location and Snapshot it.
- This will display the version of Workbench and Kickstart
you are using. Commodore uses release numbers. For 1.3 it is